Wednesday, October 24, 2001

Wicked men


TO: Rev. Jerry Falwell

FROM: Suzanne Lindsay

SUBJECT: The 700 Club Conversation of 9-13-01

DATE: 10-24-01

 

At a time of unity

your right hand of malignancy slaps across many faces.

Speaking from behind the shield of the Bible, I see you and Pat

supping on the fresh wounds of the terrorist victims

pretending to be God’s fingers at work.

Like a two-year-old’s tantrum your pithy conversation bleeds into my ears

a gluttonous plea for more hate

a mental dissection

scalpel

suction

scissors then forceps

severs our conscious from our intellect.

 

Trifle spit seeps from your lips

unworthy to wash the souls you are trying to infect.

Some allow it to touch their skin

others want it to sink in.

Jerry and Pat, your thinking is double digited at best

working from a baby pool of knowledge

you tell people to go to church every week

and to sit in the first pew to be closer to God.

But I’ve worshiped in your churches

and I’ve heard tainted sermons

and I’ve shared communion drive-thru style.

 

Your words do not make me feel closer to God

only evil.

It is Yahweh who speaks

in Jeremiah 5:26

“Yes there are wicked men among my people

who spread their nets;

like fowlers they set snares,

but it is men they catch.”



 

No comments:

Post a Comment