Friday, June 7, 2013

One of 50


I have some exciting news to share. I have been selected as one of 50 people in the country to serve as a member of the inaugural leadership group of The Reformation Project, which is a Bible-based, Christian non-profit organization that seeks to reform church teaching on sexual orientation, and gender identity. If you are interested in learning more about the project and our goals, please read about The Reformation Project.

I know that some of you may be too conservative to wish me well on my venture. Honestly, some of you may“unfriend” me or block my posts. That’s okay because I know that God is with me and I have the support of many friends and my family. But, before you do, I ask that you open yourself to the possibility of what you may find to be unfathomable right now.

 
Be open and read my posts either here or follow me on Twitter @suzlindsay. You may find that we have more things in common especially if you are one who seeks the truth as a Christian.

 
Be prepared to witness history in the making. My allies in the group of 50, from across the country, will be transforming viewpoints as we bring about equality for LGBT people in the church.

 
I ask that you pray for us on our journey together and with those we encounter. Pray for those who have narrow minds and who cannot accept us as fellow Christians. I ask that you grant us knowledge and patience as we read theology, research Biblical history and investigate opposing viewpoints. I ask that you be in prayer with us that we are led by the Spirit and that God’s will is done as we journey together to include our Christian brothers and sisters into churches of all denominations.

 
Why do we believe in this cause? We are standing up for LGBT equality in the church because no one can separate us from the love of Jesus as we know from Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment