Sunday, May 5, 2013

Seeking fulfillment

If we seek God based upon our own selfish reasons—for the reasons of not going to hell, out of fear of condemnation, to serve as insurance that we are guaranteed a place in Heaven, then we are missing the point. God wants us to have a relationship with him and with others in the world. We are to be active Christians in this world. Not just to collect and archive our good deeds in order to one day gain admission into Heaven.

No valuable relationship in life happens instantly. We build them. Think about your own superficial relationships, the ones we created on a weak foundation. Did they fulfill us? Did they sustain us for very long? No. We moved on, searched, and searched for a relationship that fulfilled us. God does not want his and your relationship to be instant either. Although he is there in an instant, God is also leading us on a journey with him so that we may fully know his love. God is leading us so that as we are driving to work we can feel the touch of his hand on our face. So, that as we think of God watching over us, we feel his arms protecting us. So that when we hear singing, we can feel the Spirit’s presence in our lives.

We are all so unworthy of God’s time, patience and grace yet our Creator fills us with love. I know that I am never able to deserve what has been done for me. In a lifetime of understanding, I will never know, but all I can do is try. I ask for God’s guidance and I have given my life to God. I often ask, “How shall I live? How shall I work? Tell me what path you’d like me to seek and I will. I will do your will in my life and help those I encounter on my path.”

Looking for the reason or the meaning of life? Seeking? Questioning? The meaning is God. The purpose is God. We wander and wonder most of our lives waiting for the big moment to slap our senses to life and we think the miracle will solve our problems. But, the miracle, the miracle is us! We are living, breathing testimonies of the miracle of life. Our strife is nothing compared to the pain God has seeing us living a wasted life.

Fill me Lord as a vessel of your love. Send the ones you wish me to minister to, the ones you would have me guide, the ones you would have me share of your love and your Word. I believe Lord I am a small example of your love, a minute speck of your endless love. Teach me, remind me it is through my daily life that I am fulfilling your purpose in my life. Put those in my path who need to know you. For I may not know the reason for my traffic jam, or long checkout line or cancelled meeting, but you do. Remind me that it is your plan. My life is yours. Lord remind me to be patient awaiting your instructions for my life. Help me to take solace in glory slowly revealed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment